Good —-> GREAT Design takes quite a while to perfect your art. As a designer, you develop design systems to help you create good designs.
What does “good” design look like and are there any instructions on creating it? Dieter Rams, a legendary industrial designer, whose “less but better” approach inspired a generation of products, is famed for writing the Ten Principles of Good Design.
Here is a brief overview:
- Good design is innovative.
- Good design makes a product useful.
- Good design is aesthetic.
- Good design makes a product understandable.
- Good design is unobtrusive.
- Good design is honest.
- Good design is long-lasting.
- Good design is thorough down to the last detail.
Not so long ago Dieter Rams Ten Principles inspired many designers to follow these principles. At Pixuara, we also believe design follows these principles and we look forward to making good/clean, and effective designs for our clients. We use these principles for all of our design; websites, social media graphics, programmatic ads, print, motion, etc…
Here are some sites we use for Design Inspiration: